Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekend Update!

Happy Monday!  Thank you so much for all your kind words after my post on Friday!  I usually try to keep my blog positive, but every once and a while you have to get it all out there so that you can move forward.  I'm happy to report that after the weekend I'm already feeling much better!

Saturday morning Maddux woke me up around 8 (pup let me sleep in--a miracle!) and I was surprised to see only clouds (a rain/sleet/snow mix had been predicted!).  After a quick check on the weather app, I decided to head to my group run.  I'm so glad that the weather cooperated, because I was in much better spirits after!  The route was hilly, but it was a nice challenge and I felt fantastic when I was done. A stop at Starbucks for a mocha made a post chilly run even better.

This fella loves to sleep in on gloomy days!


The rest of Saturday was pretty gloomy, so I spent a lot of time cleaning and organizing.  It's incredible how a clean apartment can improve a girl's mood.  When the sun started peeking through the clouds, I took a much needed break and Maddux and I headed to the park and had a great walk.  Seriously, how can anyone be moody when you are walking in one of your favorite places with your favorite guy?  (Pup is doing MUCH better now!  All back to normal!)

Speaking of pup, Maddux got selected as the Mariner's Dog of the month at the Mariner's Museum in Newport News!  When my nice friend and I went back in October for Crawlin' Crab, we took Maddux to our favorite trail that we frequented in college.  We saw a sign featuring a "Mariner Dog" and I jokingly said how it was my goal to have Maddux be on that sign one day!  A couple of months later I got an email saying that he was Mr. January!  I love that my favorite pup gets to grace the Noland Trail all month!

My amazing Roomie snapped this picture for me!
If you're in Newport News be sure to check it out!

Sunday morning I headed to the grocery store first thing (more snow was predicted and I had no food in my fridge..) and was happy to have beaten any presnow madness.  I got some ingredients to make a couple more meals from my Runner's World cookbook (I'm loving it!).  Could it be possible that 2015 is the year I like to cook?  We'll see!

Sunday was still kind of gloomy, but the weather was in the 50s!  I had 9 miles on my schedule and couldn't have asked for better weather!  The run was definitely tough, but it felt so, so good to have it done.  It was a big confidence booster!  8 weeks until Shamrock and only 4 miles to add on!

By the way--It's my week to take over J&A's Facebook page!  Make sure to play along in the comments!  I would love to see what you have to say about my topic!

I'm linking up with Tara from Reading 'N' Running for the Weekend Update!  Have a great week!

Tell me something fun about your weekend!  Anybody else get awesome weather for a long run this weekend?!


9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got some good weather to get in your long run! I probably won't describe our weather as "awesome" for at least another 3 months, but we did get 3+ miles of walkin' in every day over the weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha anything that is and feels above 40 is a good day in my book :-) I guess I better get to stepping so you don't beat me!!!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend! And I agree - cleaning and organizing makes everything feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO much better! Clutter free is the way to be :-)

      Delete
  3. Found you through Running 'n' Reading's Weekend Update!

    Maddox is super adorable and I think dogs have it all figured out. Cozying up under the covers is the best way to spend gloomy days. Congrats on him getting Mariner's Dog of the Month! Also, sorry your weather wasn't great this weekend, but my mom back in CT told me about the snow they're expecting (2+ feet), so it definitely could be worse! I don't miss the snow and cold at all haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! He is a goober for sure, but I wouldn't have him any other way! I was really happy with our warm weather! So glad we didn't get all the snow they thought we might. Hope your mom made it out ok!

      Delete
  4. Lindsey, Maddux is ADORABLE! He definitely deserves to be The Mariners' Dog of the Month; how cool! I love his coloring and, yes, they do like to snuggle up in the bed, right? So cute. I'm glad you made it to the grocery store before the bad weather returned and I have to say that I love my Runner's World cookbook, as well; so many great options. Thank you so much for linking up with the blog; I hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to decide what to make because they all sound so good! Any suggestions on best recipes would be gladly appreciated! Thanks for the compliments on my pup--he definitely uses his cuteness against me to rule the roost!

      Delete
  5. How cute that your dog is a "celebrity" haha. I love the RW Cookbook as well, glad you found some good recipes :)

    ReplyDelete