Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Week 5 Recap and Sister Fun

This week was SO much fun!  I got to do some exploring at home and in Cleveland, Ohio!  While my training plan looks crazy from all the rearranging (I printed it out and stuck it on the fridge--think arrows everywhere) I'm proud to say that all of my runs are getting done!

Monday: 6 miles at the park.  This was supposed to happen in week 4, but I'm glad I waited.  This was not an easy run, but looking back at my last training cycle my last 6 mile run wasn't easy either!  It helped to look back and know that things started looking up last time.  Gives me hope that this go around will eventually get easier, too!

Wednesday: 5 miles on the 'mill.  The weather kind of sucked and I had a bazillion things I had to do, so no time for going away from home.

Thursday: 45 minute run on the new trail!  Maddux and I finally explored the park I drove by a few months ago.  We had a great walk and I'm so excited to have another place to regularly walk and run.




Friday: I made the drive over to Ohio and there was a circus going on in my sister's little town.  We didn't attend the circus, but we did have the chance to see the elephants get a bath!  It was a really neat experience.  After our walk to see the elephants, my sister and I headed to see Sara Bareilles!  It was a great time, but I was worn out at the end of the day!






Saturday: 3 mile run in Ohio!  Yep, another state checked off!  My sister took me to one of her favorite parks and walked her pup while I ran.  It was nice stretching my legs after sitting in the car so long the day before.  We headed to watch an Indians game in the afternoon and got to walk around Cleveland a little bit.  It's a really cool city and I can't wait to go back!



Sunday: My sister and I walked to get delicious donuts from a shop that's been around since the 1930s. After finally watching Frozen together, we headed to another great park near her house to get one last leg stretch in before my ride home.  The weekend went by way too fast!  It helped knowing that I will see her towards the end of the month!  We are meeting at our parents' house for more family fun!




Total Miles for the Week: 18.6

Total Training Plan Miles: 82.45

How was your week?  What do you and your sister (or brother, friend, whatever you have!) do together?

**Today I'm linking up with MCM Mama Runs, Run the Great Wide Somewhere, and My No-Guilt Life for Tuesdays on the Run!  Make sure to check out the adventures of these awesome runners!**

11 comments:

  1. Good week over here! I'm just starting to dip into my training as well after injury. 3 miles on the plan for today (also treadmill...this weather!!) so hopefully it goes well. Recently I've been going to a lot of baseball games with friends and my daughter who LOVES to go and will somehow sit still for the whole game (she's 2). She would have gone crazy watching an elephant bath! That's so neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you're doing something right if she's growing up to be a baseball lover! :-) I went a little crazy watching the elephants, too, haha! Good luck with your training! Stay safe!

      Delete
  2. Looks like your training is going well. I'm recently into running with my son at a couple or races. He's 14 and for now he thinks it's cool we'll see what happens...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! It's so much fun when you have a running buddy :-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great week! I don't see my siblings much, so I'm jealous of how much fun you had with your sister.

    Thanks for joining our link up! Hope we see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see mine enough! We definitely make the most of the time that we do have :-)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great week with lots of fitness and fun! Somehow when I'm ramping up my training six miles is such a hurdle for me too! Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't know what it is about that 6 mile run. I have 7 this week, so hopefully it will go a little smoother :-)

      Delete
  5. What a great week and hanging with your sister sounded awesome. I had a great week, spent a lot of time with friends and family and had a lot of laughs..can't ask for much more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. spending time with family is the best. my sister lives across the country so i miss her terribly! looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete